TESO DEVELOPMENT TRUST
Teso Development Trust is a UK based Christian charity that works with partners in the Teso region of North East Uganda to tackle relief, development and mission needs in the area. The area has had a history since 1986 of being hit by insurgencies and climate change that have made life even more difficult for a poor and marginal part of Uganda. The Christian Church is very active in addressing these issues and the trust works closely with them to support them. More details are on our website www.teso.org.uk
The charity’s work is coordinated by an administrator working part time working closely with members of our trust. The current administrator is leaving and the committee is seeking a replacement to take forward the considerable programme of work being supported.
The task is to
• organise the operations of the charitable trust,
• Promote its work to show, encourage new support and demonstrate results working with our committee.
• manage the finances of the Trust
• Liaise with our Uganda partners to support and develop programmes that the trust can support.
• Support the teams working under the umbrella of the Trust including managing dedicated funds and helping arrange visits.
The Trust is looking for a person who
• Is keen to further develop the Trusts work with experience, commitment and enthusiasm of development and mission in African or similar developing countries
• Has demonstrable organising skills of running charities or similar.
• can manage and present accounts.
• has good presentation skills including producing literature and public speaking.
• understands and can help manage the projects that the Trust is supporting.
• is a committed Christian (as the trust is an evangelical non denominational Christian charity)
• is IT literate
• is a team player keen to work with our supporters and partners to achieve our objects
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
The contract will be for an average of 15 hours /week on an annual contract starting on 1 November 2017. Remuneration can be on a salaried or contracted basis. TDT are committed to paying the administrator a significant premium over the national living wage. He /she is expected to work from home at hours that suit the work.
DETAILS AND APPLICATION FORM
Applications should be sent on an application form by 14th August for interviews at Stourbridge, West Midlands on 20th September. Full details and an application form should be requested before 20th July from
Teso Development Trust
24 Sandhurst Avenue